Collaborative and Research Methodology
This course (NOOC) is part of the training proposal by the project Erasmus+, “European network in D-flexible teaching (ENID-Teach)”, PROJECT NUMBER - 2021-1-ES01-KA220-HED-000027551, KA220-HED - Cooperation partnerships in higher education, coordinated by UNED - Spain. The main goal of the project is to provide digital training to university lecturers about specific teaching and research methodologies, which can be used and improved introducing digital tools and environments.
This course, produced by University of Catania, introduces participants to the Collaborative and Research Methodology and how digital tools can improve the teaching practice. The course will present the theory of collaborative teaching and research as based on three main theoretical pillars: constructivism, distributed cognition and computer supported collaborative learning. It will also introduce some digital tools to be used to enrich the teaching practice.
- Classes Start
- 19 / Jan / 2023
- 1 month
- Evaluation criteria
The main objective of the course is to train in the design of teaching and research, following the collaborative methodology
The specific objectives are:
- to introduce the collaborative and research model on a theoretical level.
- to explore in detail what it means to organize a collaborative teaching and research
- to understand what a digital environment means and what distributed cognition means.
- to examine roles and tasks of the collaborative model and foster useful digital tools and resources
- to experiment some participatory evaluation models (formative and summative assessments, peer to peer, etc.)
Basic technological resources: a computer and a good internet connection.
The course is designed for university teachers and for any other teacher interested in methodologiesa and digital tools.